St. Cloud Spin Fest & Fiber Fair
By TCN Staff | on May 24, 2023
Carole's Country Knits/Rocking Horse Farm
A gathering for fiber producers, fiber artists, knitters, and crafters featuring education, demonstrations, vendor marketplace, and fiber art displays will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, June 3, at Rocking Horse Farm located north of Luxemburg off of Highway 15 on County Road 74. Admission is free.
A vendor marketplace will feature small farm producers of raw wool, alpaca, angora rabbit, llama, and mohair goat fiber. Items for sale will include raw wool, scoured wool, roving, combed top, hand-dyed wool, and handspun yarn. Other items for sale will include felted hats and figurines, goat milk soap and lotions, dryer balls, kitchen dishcloths and scrubbies. Vendors will have spinning wheels, looms, home knitting machines, and carding equipment for sale.
Things to do and see at the Spin Fest & Fiber Fair:
• Come and visit with live llamas and baby sheep.
• Classes include Beginner Spinning Wheel class, making a sweater on a knitting machine, and a Youth Fiber Arts Project experience.
• Central Minnesota Fiber Arts Guild will do a show-and-tell at 1:30 p.m. The public is welcome to participate.
• Vendors will do on-going demonstrations of spinning yarn, knitting, cleaning wool, and felting throughout the day.
• Participate in a Spinning Circle with the vendors and other participants all day from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bring a spinning wheel, drop spindle, or handknitting project and a comfortable chair.
• Fleeces from this year's shearing at several local farms will be on display featuring a number of different breeds.
• Fleeces will be for sale.
• Food trucks will be on site.
Most events will be outdoors, please dress accordingly. Event will be held rain or shine. No pets.
For more information, contact Rocking Horse Farm at (320) 252-2996 or via email at [email protected].
• Fleeces from this year's shearing at several local farms will be on display featuring a number
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.